Investing in a gadget is always a matter of thought and research. Too true!
And when the gadget is the laptop, it is more than that. Suppose you had a problem with your laptop that insists you buy a new one. Maybe the screen of your laptop cracked, or you’re ready for an upgrade. But if you’re a YouTuber, the scenario is a bit different. How?
As a YouTuber, you are striving to grow your channel, and your laptop plays a significant role in editing, recording, and publishing quality video content.
The question may arise in your mind…
How can you get the right one that meets your needs? Is it worth investing in the same laptop you have been using for the last couple of years? Or is it wise to repair the faulty laptop instead of buying the new one?
The straightforward reply is investing in the new laptop is the best way to become stress-less as a Youtuber.
Here, we’ve done in-depth research and made a list of the 12 best laptops for YouTubers, which could help make the right decision. Let’s start with the best choices to take your recording and editing experience to the next level.
Table of Contents
Quick pick: What laptop should I buy for video editing & 4k videos?
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- This everyday laptop is powered by an Intel Celeron N4020 processor, 4GB DDR4 RAM, and 64 GB M.2 PCIe SSD storage
- Enjoy videos or browse online on a 14" HD display panel, framed by narrow bezels
- Dolby Audio delivers crystal-clear sound through the built-in dual stereo speakers
- POWER THROUGH FROM ANYWHERE – Designed to keep you productive and entertained from anywhere, the HP 14-inch Laptop combines long-lasting battery life with a thin and portable design
- FULL HD DISPLAY – Enjoy your favorite content in 1080p for crystal-clear visuals and vibrant image quality (1). Beyond pixel count, your display lets you see more from anywhere thanks to the micro-edge bezel and anti-glare screen
- INFINITE POSSIBILITIES – Whether you are creating, working, or being entertained, do it all with the supreme performance of the AMD Ryzen 5 5500U Mobile Processor and AMD Radeon Graphics (2) (3)
- Clean, elegant design — Thin and light, starting at just 2.79 pounds, Surface Laptop 3 is easy to carry
- Choose from rich tone-on-tone color combinations: New Sandstone, plus Matte Black, Cobalt Blue, and Platinum
- Improved speed and performance to do what you want, with the latest processors – Surface Laptop 3 is up to two times faster than surface Laptop 2
These are the most relevant models. Whether you’re a streamer, another type of content creator, or graphic designer, laptops on the list are top-notch.
What is a content creator laptop?
It is a laptop that has primary use in editing and rendering videos for platforms such as Youtube or Twitch. These laptops generally have high computing performance. From 3D modeling to 4k video rendering, you’ll need a powerful machine. Content-creation specs will ease your process and increase your workflow.
Which specs to look for when buying a laptop for content creating?
There are various factors to consider when purchasing a laptop for content creation. To start off you should look for a powerful processor such as intel’s i3, i5, i7, or i9. The higher the number, the better the processing power is. Video editing will be smooth and fast, especially if you edit 4k videos with Adobe, After Effects, or Premiere software.
What spec do I need to live stream video games on Youtube?
Apart from the high processing power, streaming video games requires a high-end GPU. For best quality and performance, GeForce RTX series cards are highly recommended. With this type of GPU, you can turn all the graphical effects in-game on and provide your viewers with the best experience.
How much of a RAM do I need as a Youtuber?
It is recommended that you have at least 8 gigabytes of RAM. With modern technology being improved daily, however, YouTubers and other content creators go up to 32 gigabytes of RAM. The more memory, the fewer concerns. You can start with a lower amount of memory and upgrade easily as the need for it rises.
Should I pay more for an internal or external drive?
Ideally, you should save the money and purchase both. However, to start off your content-creating career, focus on the internal drive since you will do most of your editing on it. The external drive should be used for backing up your data, so if you have to choose, focus on buying a quality internal drive first.
Content creation is a prosperous and exciting career. Being a YouTuber, you get to be creative and engage the community. To do it at the highest level, you need proper hardware to deliver the best quality. It will require a lot of time and money to find the right laptop for this career, so choose wisely. We hope that the models that we offer will ease your transition in the content-creating world and soothe your needs.
Last update on 2022-04-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API